· Creating a positive and inclusive learning environment that engages students in
learning the skills they need to live healthy lives
· Implementing a sequential, comprehensive curriculum —aligned with the National
Health Education Standards and other relevant frameworks —that is skills-based, with an emphasis on developing health literacy
· Employing instructional practices that engage students in learning and in developing their health-related skills.
· Using assessments that measure student growth, knowledge and health-related skill development
· Advocating for a positive school culture toward health and health education.
· Maintaining high standards of practice